The Lake Tahoe community is reeling as the Caldor Fire continues to burn extremely near evacuated neighborhoods in El Dorado County and the City of South Lake Tahoe, and close to the shores of Lake Tahoe itself. Like many south shore residents who evacuated, our team at the League is scattered across Nevada, Oregon, Washington and California. But our hearts and minds never left the Lake. We know yours haven’t either.
Our hearts go out to everyone who has been forced from their homes, along with the emergency personnel, law enforcement and government officials who are working without rest. Thousands of firefighters and first responders are heroically putting themselves in harm’s way to keep us and the Lake we love safe. From the bottom of our hearts, we thank you.
We urge those who live, work and play in the Tahoe Basin to stay informed, vigilant and ready to react as conditions of the Caldor Fire continue to change.
LATEST FIRE INFORMATION
- Monitor the links available here for the latest fire information.
- Sign up to receive CALFIRE email updates.
EVACUATION ORDERS, WARNINGS & SHELTERS
- See evacuation orders and warnings for El Dorado County, Amador County and Alpine County in California, as well as Douglas County, Nevada (see Twitter for the latest from Douglas County).
- If you’re in need, look for your nearest evacuation center or the El Dorado County assistance center.
- Please register for emergency alerts from Placer County, El Dorado County, Douglas County, Washoe County, Amador County and Alpine County.
- El Dorado Community Foundation created the Caldor Fire Fund to channel donations to families and individuals impacted by the fire. You can donate here.
- American Red Cross is staffing evacuation centers and providing support for evacuees of the Caldor Fire. You can donate here.
- Placer Food Bank is on the front lines of emergency food response/distribution to those impacted by the River and Caldor Fires. You can donate here.
- Food Bank of Northern Nevada is offering food assistance for Caldor Fire evacuees. You can donate here.
- Nevada Humane Society is managing the evacuation site located at Fuji Park in Carson City, as well as accepting and distributing donations to other shelters accepting animals and pets. You can donate here.
- Lake Tahoe Wildlife Care is providing critical support for injured and displaced animals. You can donate here.
- Watch CALFIRE’s incident briefings held nightly at 5pm via Facebook Live and Zoom (Password: 868884).
- Watch livestreaming video from fire cameras in the Greater Tahoe region.
- Stay aware of road closures in California and Nevada.
- Look up the air quality index at a specific location using this online tool.
- See Tahoe’s smoke forecast using this interactive map.
NATIONAL FOREST & STATE PARK CLOSURES
- All National Forests in California are now closed, in addition to the Lake Tahoe Basin Management Unit.
- All Nevada State Parks and California State Parks in Tahoe are closed.
Please be kind, compassionate and caring to one another as we work through this. Together, we will heal. Together, we will Keep Tahoe Blue.