Use the links below to keep yourself informed and prepared as the wildfire continues to burn. Be safe.
LATEST FIRE INFORMATION
- Monitor official incident information and maps provided by CALFIRE and by an interagency team through InciWeb.
- Here’s a list of social media accounts to follow.
- The Lookout is managed by an experienced local firefighter who provides helpful contextual information about wildfires. This is not an official government resource, but its updates helped many through the Dixie and Caldor fires.
EVACUATION ORDERS, WARNINGS & SHELTERS
- See maps of evacuation orders and warnings for El Dorado County and Placer County.
- Click here for the locations of evacuation centers and animal shelters for each county.
- Please register for emergency alerts from Placer County and El Dorado County.
- For Truckee-specific alerts, sign up for Nixle.
AIR QUALITY & SMOKE MAPS
- Look up the air quality index at a specific location using one of these online tools: Purple Air, Air Now, or IQ Air.
- See the regional smoke forecast using TRPA’s interactive map or National Weather Service videos.
- Watch livestreaming video from fire cameras in the region.
- Stay aware of road closures using this CalTrans interactive map.
NATIONAL FOREST CLOSURES
- Eldorado National Forest and Tahoe National Forest have issued forest closure orders for certain stretches of public lands impacted by the fire.
FIRE PREPAREDNESS RESOURCES
- Tahoe Living With Fire and CALFIRE’s Ready for Wildfire offer easy instructions and guides for creating defensible space, home hardening, and preparing for an evacuation.
FIRE RECOVERY RESOURCES
- Placer County has established a hub for recovery-related information, including property tax relief, insurance coverage and ways to volunteer or donate.
- El Dorado County also has a dedicated Mosquito Fire resource site.
Hero image courtesy of CAL FIRE.