Hover and click areas on the map to learn more.
For decades, the League to Save Lake Tahoe has been at the forefront of implementing cutting-edge solutions to ensure the Lake remains blue and beautiful for generations to come.
YOUR support makes this possible! In 2023 alone:
- YOU helped expand microtransit solutions like Lake Link and TART Connect that ease traffic headaches by reducing cars on the road, while preventing pollution from entering your Lake.
- YOU helped pick up over 11,000 pounds of trash and push to get oversight on some of the Lake’s most vulnerable beaches.
- YOU helped implement innovative solutions like the BEBOT, PixieDrone, and CD3, robots that remove harmful plastic litter and invasive species from the sand, water, and even our kayaks and fishing gear.
- YOU helped restore hundreds of acres of watershed to make sure the Lake’s robust, natural water filtration system is working at full capacity to preserve water clarity.
- YOU helped pass South Lake Tahoe’s innovative ban on single-use plastic water bottles and Styrofoam takeout containers, preventing litter at its source.
- YOU are helping build a brand new Environment and Education Center and our future headquarters (opening slated for spring 2024).
We look forward to partnering with you to apply more innovative solutions that protect Tahoe for generations to come. Thank you for your support!
Imagine What Could Have Been
Proposed plans over the years
Everything on this map was either actively in motion or was proposed to be part of Tahoe’s future when the League was formed in 1957. With your help, we stood up for Tahoe and stopped rampant development around the Lake. We can all enjoy a beautiful, crystal clear Lake today and for generations to come.
Sign up for our email list, volunteer, become a citizen scientist, shop our store, and much more.