Tahoe Resource Directory

Who to call when you notice a problem

Emergencies and threats to public safety: dial 911

Animal problems (bears, coyotes, dogs, etc.)
Animal Control – make report by city or county
BEAR League: 530.525.PAWS (7297)
Lake Tahoe Wildlife Care: 530.577.2273

Boat inspections
Tahoe Resource Conservation District: www.tahoeboatinspections.com
Lake Tahoe Watercraft Inspection Hotline: 888.824.6267, info@tahoercd.org

Construction, permits, suspicious building activity and tree removal, illegal boating
Tahoe Regional Planning Agency: 775-588-4547
Complaint form and more contact details on web: http://www.trpa.org/contact/complaints/

Hazardous materials spills
Emergency: 911
Area sheriff’s office
El Dorado County Environmental Health: 530.573.3450
Placer County Environmental Health: http://www.placer.ca.gov/departments/environmental-health/complaints, 530.745.2300
Nevada Department of Environmental Protection: In state – 888.331.6337; Out of state: 775.687.9485
Nevada Division of Emergency Management: 775.688.2830
California Emergency Management Agency: 800.852.7550
Cal-Tip (Turn in Poachers and Polluters) – Secret Witness: 888.334.2258

Issues along state highways
California state highways: CalTrans Customer Service Request Form: https://csr.dot.ca.gov/

Prescribed Burns
U.S. Forest Service 530.543.2600 #6 / To receive email notifications pa_ltbmu@fs.fed.us

Trash, litter, illegally dumped items:
Clean Tahoe Program (South Lake Tahoe): 530.577.2273 or clean-tahoe.org/report-litter-trash
Douglas County: Senior Code Enforcement Officer Patrick Kieva: 775.782.6214

Water Clarity/Environmental Violations
Tahoe Regional Planning Agency: 775-588-4547
Emergency: 775-589-5250
California (Lahontan Regional Water Quality Control Board): 530.542.5400
Nevada (Division of Environmental Protection): In state – 888.331.6337 / Out of state: 775.687.9485

Can’t find a resource that fits your situation? Report it to the League.