Happy Earth Month! Celebrate with our series of fun, Lake-friendly events and activities! Keep the good vibes going all month-long by refusing, reducing, repairing, reusing and recycling. The Earth and Lake Tahoe will thank you.
Earth Month Events:
- Monday, April 19 - Sunday, April 25: Protect your happy place while exercising your competitive side by taking part in Tahoe's Trash Pickup Challenge: Earth Week Edition!
- Wednesday, April 21: Become a Plant Detective to learn about Tahoe's native plants, as well as the invasive species threatening the Lake's health in this Water Wednesday activity!
- Thursday, April 22: Want to help Keep Tahoe Blue for Earth Day, a.k.a. Trash-Free Thursday? Join us for a good, old-fashioned south shore community cleanup!
- Understand your own waste footprint by conducting a personal trash audit.
- Repurpose an old a t-shirt into a reusable bag.
- Learn more about microplastics through an interactive, virtual lesson.
We love to see your photos! Tag pictures of you and your family doing one of our many Earth Month activities with the hashtags #keeptahoeblue and #litterfreetahoe for a chance to be featured on the League's social media!