Try these fun, Lake-friendly activities as a way to reduce waste and litter! Remember to Refuse, Reduce, Repair, Reuse, and then Recycle.
Activities hosted by the League include:
- Learn how to collect litter data while you conduct a cleanup in your own neighborhood. Download this cleanup data card and submit to www.keeptahoeblue.org/cleanupdata or email to email@example.com.
- Play Litter Bingo while keeping your neighborhood litter-free.
- Understanding your own waste footprint by conducting a trash audit.
- An informative video of a Q & A panel with Tahoe-Truckee recycling and waste management experts.
- Re-purposing an old a t-shirt into a reusable bag.
- Grow your own fresh vegetables at home with help from these resources.
- Speak out to stop plastic pollution at its source.
- Listen to our discussion about microplastics with the Desert Research Institute (DRI)
- Complete an at-home microplastics activity
Check out all these activities and more at keeptahoeblue.org/activities.
We love to see your photos! Tag pictures of you and your family doing one of the many Earth Month activities with the hashtags #keeptahoeblue and #litterfreetahoe for a chance to be featured on the League's social media!