The unofficial sled hill at Spooner Summit is an annual hotspot for winter-time litter pollution. Shattered plastic sleds can hurt wildlife and Lake clarity. Learn more about this threat to Lake Tahoe.
Be a part of the solution! Come to our outreach booth and learn how to be a Tahoe Blue Gooder, Take Care of Tahoe and show off your slediquette. Then join Tahoe community members and visitors to clean up the area and help Keep Tahoe Blue!
Registration: Register for the event here. Walk-in participants are welcome! If you don’t pre-register online, you will be asked to complete a volunteer waiver onsite.
Meeting location: Spooner Summit Watercraft Inspection Parking Lot: NV28 & US50, Carson City, NV 89703 (Google Map).
Parking: Parking is limited. Please carpool.
Weather: The event will be canceled if weather conditions impact safety. If the event is canceled, we will post the update on this event page and send an email to those who RSVP’d.
Be sure to bring:
- Full reusable water bottle
- Reusable hot beverage cup
- Cleanup gloves (if you have them)
- Hat, sunglasses, warm clothing and winter shoes
- Any snacks you would like
- Follow current CDC Covid guidelines
- Cleanup materials (gloves, bags, etc.)
- Gloves/hand sanitizer
- Cool giveaways
- Volunteers under 18 will need to have a guardian sign the waiver and the volunteer must bring the signed waiver to the event. The guardian may also attend the event and can sign off for the minor at the event.
For questions or more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.