The League to Save Lake Tahoe (the League) is searching for an exceptionally organized, detail oriented and efficient individual to join our fun and growing team. This is a great opportunity for someone looking to use and develop their skills in office management, administration functions, operations and staff support. The operations associate plays an integral role in ensuring that all internal processes and team management run smoothly, creating a productive, supportive and exciting environment for this motivated team of environmental professionals.
Founded in 1957, the League is the oldest and largest environmental organization focused on protecting Lake Tahoe. We have a solid culture, based on our organizational values and team building principles, that support and guide us in our decision making and planning for the future. The League is a solution-based, innovative organization that values professionalism, transparency, work/life balance and credibility. Our team reflects these core values and supports one another to achieve our goals.
Under the direct supervision of the Finance & Operations Manager, the Operations Associate (OA) will assist with all aspects of operations for the organization. You will be responsible for administering office utilities, oversight of technology systems, maintaining office supply needs and assisting the Finance and Operations Manager to ensure the organization runs smoothly and efficiently.
Office Support Aspects
You will support the office by administering office equipment, the telephone system, office furniture and workspace set-up, building and yard maintenance, IT needs and ensuring a safe and functional office building. You will also help administer office utilities including arrangements for service and billing.
As the OA, you will be responsible for oversight of all organizational technology systems with support from the contracted IT company, while researching computer equipment and programs to ensure up to date and evolving systems that meet staff needs. The OA will monitor backups of staff computers. You will also ensure that the office is properly stocked with supplies and place supply orders.
Ensuring a safe and clean building and yard through managing cleaning, recycling, composting, maintaining common areas will be your responsibility, as well as, maintaining and improving office sustainability.
You will track and submit required forms and draft and maintain administrative policies and procedures. Serving as primary staff answering phones you will be required to transfer calls, take messages and ensure they are passed along to the appropriate staff in a timely manner. You will support event planning and/or execution as it relates to the building as well as ensure organizational documents are stored correctly and lead the organization in proper filing of the administration department’s digital and paper files.
As the OA, you will assist in facilitating and executing team building and staff appreciation events as well as support, showcase and promote the organizational values. You will organize internal calendars and help with the upkeep of employee forms including assistance with recruitment, hiring and onboarding process. You will also support in the updating and management of the employee handbook.
WHAT YOU NEED
Required Job Skills
- An interest in environmental conservation and the League’s mission to protect, restore, and advocate for the ecosystem health and scenic beauty of the Lake Tahoe Basin
- Undergraduate degree (B.A. or B.S.) preferred but not required.
- One or more years professional experience.
- Familiarity with Quickbooks accounting software required.
- Understanding of database systems and proficient with data entry.
- Possess good judgement and work well with others.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail. Ability to plan, prioritize and manage a variety of tasks.
- Efficient and effective at managing and completing tasks to meet deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills both written and oral.
- Maintain a high degree of accuracy in data and confidentiality.
Organization Specific Requirements
- Proof of valid driver’s license, current DMV printout and auto insurance.
- Dependable vehicle able to function in any and all weather conditions including heavy snow for trips around the Lake Tahoe Basin, Bay Area, Reno and Sacramento.
- Computer proficiency with Windows, internet applications, Office 365 and Google Apps.
- Attend bi-weekly staff meetings, staff retreats and team building activities.
- Attendance at annual benefit, annual meeting, July 5 cleanup or Tahoe Forest Stewardship Day events.
- Maintain skill level through reading and trainings. Attend trainings as required.
- Share in office cleaning duties.
- Other duties as required.
WHAT WE OFFER
Established in 1957, the League to Save Lake Tahoe is the oldest and largest environmental nonprofit in the Lake Tahoe Basin. You’ve likely seen our iconic Keep Tahoe Blue sticker. Keep Tahoe Blue means so much more than showing your love for Lake Tahoe. A position at the League allows you to be part of a dynamic team that has been advocating for strong environmental protections of a national treasure for the last 62 years.
The Operations Associate is a full-time hourly position based at our headquarters in South Lake Tahoe, CA. Our regular business hours are from 9 am - 5 pm, Monday - Friday. Due to the nature of the position, you will be working in the office from 8:30 am - 5 pm Monday - Friday with some evening and weekend work depending on organization and event schedules and needs.
We offer health and dental benefits, vacation time after a 90-day probationary period, sick time, employer retirement matching after two years of employment, an eco-conscious office environment and a fun and highly motivated team dedicated to protecting Lake Tahoe.
$15.50 - $17.50 per hour
Reports to: Finance and Operations Manager
If this sounds like the job for you, send us a PDF copy of your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Tell us why you're the best fit for the position and for the League.