The League to Save Lake Tahoe (Keep Tahoe Blue) is seeking an individual who is excited about supporting our efforts by raising funds through our merchandise program. The Merchandise Associate ensures that merchandise in the store is set up and ready for customers each day, fulfills online store orders, performs online store website maintenance, adds new and removes outdated items to the online store, markets merchandise and conducts regular inventory counts. The position also provides general support to the Membership and Merchandise Manager as needed.
- Follow yearly merchandise plan to improve online store and increase sales and visitorship.
- Ensure store is stocked with all merchandise each day to prepare the store to open.
- Communicate inventory needs to the Membership and Merchandise Manager so that inventory in sufficiently maintained.
- Process all online merchandise sales on a weekly basis.
- Maintain inventory and cleanliness of merchandise cabinets and storage unit. Requires planning and weekly travel to storage unit in South Lake Tahoe.
- Assist Merchandise and Membership Manager with ordering new merchandise and online store website maintenance.
- Photograph merchandise and prepare shots for online store website.
- Weekly Facebook, Instagram and Twitter merchandise promotions, monthly e-newsletter promotions.
- Research and implement marketing strategies to increase merchandise sales.
- Count inventory on a quarterly basis.
- Keep office, Education Center & store clean and tidy.
- Assist with research and conversion to new Point of Sale system for the online and retail store.
- Assist Education Center Associate with store and phone coverage as requested by Membership and Merchandise Manager.
Other duties (as needed)
- Attend the annual benefit and other League events as requested by supervisor.
- Attend occasional staff meetings, staff retreats and team building activities as requested by supervisor.
- Maintain skill level through reading and trainings. Attend trainings as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
WHAT YOU NEED
- An interest in environmental conservation and the League's mission to protect, restore and advocate for the ecosystem health and scenic beauty of the Lake Tahoe Basi
- Experience and excitement performing retail job duties and an interest in boosting fundraising through merchandise.
- Customer service experience, excellent phone manner and communication skills.
- Basic photography skills preferred.
- Basic Photoshop skills preferred.
- Ability to set appropriate priorities, meet deadlines and manage projects.
- Ability to work effectively with teams and diverse individuals.
Organization specific requirements
- Valid driver’s license, current DMV printout, auto insurance and dependable vehicle.
- Dependable vehicle able to function in any and all weather conditions including heavy snow for regular trips around the Lake Tahoe Basin and occasional trips to Reno, Bay Area and Sacramento.
- Computer proficiency with Windows, internet applications, Office 365 and Google Apps.
- Share in office cleaning and chores.
- Ability to bend, carry and lift up to 40 pounds, must be able to sit or stand for long periods of time.
- Proficient with Windows and Microsoft Office applications and Google Apps
- Other duties as required.
WHAT WE OFFER
Established in 1957, the League to Save Lake Tahoe is the oldest and largest environmental non-profit in the Lake Tahoe Basin. You've likely seen our iconic Keep Tahoe Blue sticker. Keep Tahoe Blue means so much more than showing your love for Lake Tahoe. A position at the League allows you to be part of a dynamic team that has been advocating for strong environmental protections of a national treasure for the last 62 years.
The Merchandise Associate is a part-time twenty hour per week position based at our headquarters in South Lake Tahoe, CA. Store hours are Tuesday - Friday 10 am - 4 pm and your schedule will fall close to the store hours. Due to the nature of the position and League event needs, occasional evening and weekend work may be required.
We offer vacation time after the 90-day probationary period, sick time, an eco-conscious office environment and a fun and highly motivated team dedicated to protecting Lake Tahoe.
$15 - $16.50 per hour
Reports to: Membership and Merchandise Manager
Supervises: Volunteers as needed
If this sounds like the job for you, send a PDF copy of your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Tell us why you're the best fit for the position and for the League.