The League to Save Lake Tahoe (League) is searching for an entrepreneurial, results-driven, adaptable development professional to join our team to manage our membership program and fundraise for one of the world's foremost conservation/environmental brands: Keep Tahoe Blue. We are looking for an enthusiastic leader capable of managing and working with diverse teams to reach a common goal. This position requires excellent communication and the ability to compel audiences through writing and speaking.
Under the direct supervision of the Development Director (DD), the Membership Manager is responsible for reaching annual membership goals and identifying growth opportunities and strategies. This position is responsible for management, implementation, and maintenance of the constituent and donor database and supports staff information needs related to the organizational database. You will play a key role on the development team by providing insight into donor relations to ensure the success of all fundraising campaigns and events, including the annual benefit fundraiser. You will be instrumental as we migrate to a new database (SalesForce), which is already underway and scheduled for completion by Summer of 2019. To prepare, you will participate in ongoing trainings as we move to SalesForce.
The ideal candidate is experienced in project management with an ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously, often with tight deadlines. You should have experience with fundraising in the nonprofit sector and a passion for the environment and Lake Tahoe.
You will work to assist the development team to achieve the revenue goals that they are responsible for in the annual budget. Your aim will be to meet our annual membership fundraising goals of $525,000, strive to achieve our stretch goals, and help us strategically grow our membership program over the next five years.
You will be responsible for management of all aspects of the database, gift entry and substantiation and donor record management, including learning about donors through research and acting as a liaison for all donor related inquiries and reports.
Under the direction of the Development Director with the support of the Advancement and Communication Managers, you will be responsible for drafting strategies and content for the following campaigns:
- Membership Donor acquisition
- Peer to Peer
You will collaborate with the Communications Manager on creation and execution of all social media posts, e-solicitations, including the development section of the monthly e-newsletter.
During March through September, much of your time will be spent supporting our annual benefit (fashion show) fundraiser and this role must be able to balance those duties with general membership responsibilities.
WHAT YOU NEED
- An interest in environmental conservation and full support of the League's mission to protect, restore and advocate for the ecosystem health and scenic beauty of the Lake Tahoe Basin.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, possess good judgement and work well with others.
- Understanding of database systems, proficient with data entry, experience with SalesForce preferable.
- Detail oriented with excellent problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Efficient and effective at managing and completing tasks to meet deadlines.
- Ability to plan, prioritize and manage a variety of tasks with little supervision.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills both written and oral.
- Commitment to maintain a high degree of accuracy in data and confidentiality.
- Understanding of basic accounting principles.
- Proficient with Windows and Microsoft Office applications, familiarity with Google Apps preferred.
- Attend weekly staff meetings, staff retreats and activities.
- Attendance at annual benefit, annual meeting, July 5 beach cleanup or Tahoe Forest Stewardship Day.
- Assist with community engagement and fundraising events.
- Maintain skill level through reading and trainings. Attend trainings as required.
- Other duties as required.
- Ability to sit or stand at a desk for long periods of time.
- Valid driver's license, current DMV printout, auto insurance.
- Dependable vehicle able to function in any and all weather conditions including heavy snow for regular trips
- Position requires some physical activity such as bending, stooping lifting and carrying. Must be able to lift 25 pounds.
WHAT WE OFFER
Established in 1957, the League to Save Lake Tahoe is the oldest and largest environmental nonprofit in the Lake Tahoe Basin. You've likely seen our iconic Keep Tahoe Blue sticker. Keep Tahoe Blue means so much more than showing your love for Lake Tahoe. A position at the League allows you to be part of a dynamic team that has been advocating for strong environmental protections of a national treasure for the last 62 years.
We offer health and dental benefits, vacation time after a 90-day probationary period, sick time, employer retirement matching after two years of employment, an eco-conscious office environment and a fun and highly motivated team dedicated to protecting Lake Tahoe. As the leading environmental organization in Tahoe we actively implement these cultural values: transparency, work-life balance, credibility, proactive, professionalism, and solutions-oriented.
This is an exempt position with compensation commensurate with experience.
Reports to: Development Director
Supervises: Development Associate, development contractors, temporary employees and volunteers
If this sounds like the job for you, send a PDF copy of your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Tell us why you're the best fit for the position and for the League.