The League to Save Lake Tahoe (the “League”) is searching for a polished influencer that is professional, gregarious and well-suited to interact with a wide variety of donors and supporters. Under the supervision of the Development Director (DD) and in coordination with the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), the Advancement Manager will manage our major donor, corporate and foundation programs to fundraise for one of the world’s foremost conservation/environmental brands: Keep Tahoe Blue.
You will be responsible for planning and implementing the League’s annual major donor strategies and campaigns, managing foundation and grant relations and opportunities and meeting revenue targets in Foundation, Corporate Sponsorship, Board Solicited and Major Donor categories of the annual budget.
This role provides an exciting opportunity to cultivate and maintain relationships with a discrete number of donor prospects, as well as current major donors and corporate partners. You will use various strategies to work with these contacts, donors and partners to market and raise funds to meet our goals and support our mission.
This position requires excellent communication and the ability to compel audiences through writing and speaking.
This will likely be a remote position as an extensive amount of your time will be spent in the San Francisco Bay and Sacramento region.
Major GiftsYou will be responsible for identifying and cultivating new opportunities and strategies to successfully meet this fundraising goal by guiding and supporting the CEO, Chief Strategy Officer, DD and board members with their major donor cultivation responsibilities including creating solicitor teams, developing strategies for asks and ensuring that all parties have the encouragement, resources and external accountability to achieve goals. You will also assist with implementation of the annual giving plan and related activities, ensuring timely and accurate communication with existing and prospective donors. This includes writing solicitation pieces, acknowledgments, and cultivation efforts. n addition, you will work closely with the Executive Assistant (EA) to plan and coordinate three major donor cultivation events to help meet our fundraising goals.
Board Fundraising Campaign
You will manage contacts between League solicitors (primarily Board volunteers and the CEO) and the donors they solicit, ensure that solicitors are matched with appropriate donors, that they are properly trained and supported and that contacts with donors are documented, recognized as appropriate, and followed up with as necessary.
This role is responsible for developing and managing the Leagues corporate partnerships and identifying opportunities for outreach and marketing. This is accomplished with a thorough understanding of non-profit guidelines on such partnerships and a collaborative approach to working within League policies.
In coordination with the EA, you will manage all grants and track applications and reporting deadlines and identify prospective foundation and granting opportunities on an ongoing basis. You will write, or coordinate the writing, of foundation grants or requests. You will work to cultivate relationships with foundation contacts and ensure professional communication is in place for the League CEO to access potential fundraising opportunities.
Membership Building and Outreach
You will be responsible for the coordination of the strategy and effectiveness of the Associate Board (a young professional group of supporters), including supporting them in short and long term growth. You will attend Associate Board meetings and manage event coordination and outreach for all Associate Board events.
- Attend board meetings and participate in development committee calls, as required.
- Update and maintain all collateral for major donor and corporate campaigns.
- Attend League staff meetings as determined by development director.
- Learn established database in order to access and input information, as well as pull queries.
- Assist with annual benefit, other events and fundraising efforts.
- Maintain skill level through reading and trainings. Attend trainings as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
WHAT YOU NEED
- An interest in environmental conservation and full support of and enthusiasm for the League's mission to protect, restore, and advocate for the ecosystem health and scenic beauty of the Lake Tahoe Basin.
- Bachelor's degree and/or 5 years of professional experience including fundraising and administrative experience.
- Ability to spend extensive amounts of time in the San Francisco Bay area, occasionally with minimal notice
- Professionalism and discretion with all donor communication.
- Excellent oral, written, organizational and computer skills essential.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to utilize tact and diplomacy with staff and Board. Ability to interact confidently with a wide range of personality types.
- Ability to perform effectively and efficiently with minimal supervision.
- Excellent time management and task prioritization skills.
- Outstanding communications skills with an emphasis on fundraising messaging and marketing.
- Highly organized and capable of working in a changing environment.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects with a strong attention to detail.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and sense of humor.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Salesforce fundraising software and Adobe Creative Suite a plus.
- Valid driver's license, current DMV printout, auto insurance and dependable vehicle.
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends as required.
- Ability to sit or stand at a desk for long periods of time, bend, stoop, carry and lift up to 25 pounds.
WHAT IS PREFERRED
- Well connected in the San Francisco Bay Area philanthropic community or other relevant Reno/Tahoe connections.
- Home base out of San Francisco.
- Extensive experience with grant writing
WHAT WE OFFER
Established in 1957, the League to Save Lake Tahoe is the oldest and largest environmental nonprofit in the Lake Tahoe Basin. You've likely seen our iconic Keep Tahoe Blue sticker. Keep Tahoe Blue means so much more than showing your love for Lake Tahoe. A position at the League allows you to be part of a dynamic team that has been advocating for strong environmental protections of a national treasure for the last 62 years.
We offer health and dental benefits, vacation time after a 90-day probationary period, sick time, employer retirement matching after two years of employment, an eco-conscious office environment located in South Lake Tahoe and a fun and highly motivated team dedicated to protecting Lake Tahoe. As the leading environmental organization in Tahoe we actively implement these cultural values: transparency, work-life balance, credibility, proactive, professionalism, and solutions-oriented.
This is an exempt position with compensation commensurate with experience and based on geographical location.
Reports to: Development Director
If this sounds like the job for you, send us a PDF copy of your cover letter and resume email@example.com. Tell us why you're the best fit for the position and for the League.