Are you a highly motivated administrative professional looking to join a dynamic team that advocates for strong environmental protections of a national treasure? Someone that is a self-starter and is interested in supporting and maintaining office functions for the entire organization? If so, consider joining the League to Save Lake Tahoe, the oldest and largest environmental organization passionate about protecting Lake Tahoe!
What the position involves:
- Supporting general building and organizational operation functions.
- Serve as primary office support for the internet, phone systems, equipment, furniture movements and office supply inventory.
- Facilitate office technology and systems with the support of outside IT vendors.
- Ensure the office and yard are clean, functioning and maintained.
- Maintain admin and company files with high level of accuracy and organization.
- Assist with the recruitment and onboarding processes.
- Draft and update operational policies and procedures.
- Brainstorm creative team building ideas and new ways to show staff appreciation.
- Set-up and assignment of roles for staff meetings and other scheduling needs.
- Train staff on opening and closing procedures of the office and making sure they happen on a daily basis.
Required knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Undergraduate degree (B.A. or B.S.) preferred but not required.
- At least one year of professional experience.
- Proficiency with Windows, Office 365, Google Apps and Xerox machine functionality is a must.
- Possess good judgement and effective working with a team of diverse individuals
- Attention to detail and strong organizational capacity.
- Flexibility to work nights and weekends as needed.
- Ability to perform portions of the job outdoors, potentially in inclement weather conditions.
- Familiarity with Lake Tahoe environmental and policy issues.
- An interest and passion for environmental conservation and the League’s mission to protect, restore, and advocate for the ecosystem health and scenic appeal of the Lake Tahoe Basin.
- Employees are required to have a vehicle that is in good working order, proof of valid driving license, non-expired vehicle registration and effective insurance coverage. Travel around Basin, Bay Area, Reno and Sacramento may be required.
- Position requires some physical activity such as bending, stooping, carrying and lifting up to 50 pounds.
As a valued representative of our organization you will:
- Be on a team that engages Tahoe’s diverse and evolving community of visitors and residents to protect Lake Tahoe by spreading awareness and taking action.
- Work at a place that promotes environmental protections and policies backed by science that ensure Tahoe is resilient in the face of the climate crisis.
- Take part in crafting resolutions to the challenges facing Tahoe that strike a balance between enjoyment today and preservation for future generations.
The League offers many benefits, including:
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance 100% covered by the company for employees.
- $125/month Company Health Savings Account (HSA) contribution with select health plan choice.
- IRA match up to 3% of employee's salary after two years served.
- Vacation leave, paid volunteer time off plus 12 paid holidays and extra paid time off the week between 12/25 and 1/1.
- Pet friendly environment.
- Merchandise discounts and credit.
- And much more!
Pay range: $15.50 - $17.50 hourly
A brand that is known throughout the world:
Our brand, Keep Tahoe Blue, is a model for marketing and messaging to protect a valuable resource. We have a value based culture that supports and guides us in our decision making and planning for the future. The League is an outcome-based, innovative organization that values expertise, integrity, a work/life balance and credibility.
If this sounds like the job for you, please send us a PDF copy of your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Tell us why you’re the best fit for the position and for the League. We communicate via email, so please check your inbox and spam to ensure you don’t miss important updates from us.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.