Founded in 1957, the League is the oldest and largest environmental organization focused on protecting Lake Tahoe. We have a solid culture, based on our organizational values and team building principles, that supports and guides our decision making and planning for the future. The League is a solution-based, innovative organization that values professionalism, transparency, work/life balance and credibility. Our team reflects these core values and supports one another to achieve our goals.
What the position involves - Membership:
- Assist the membership and merchandise team to raise funds to support the League’s efforts to Keep Tahoe Blue
- Enter contributions, create and update donor records and assist with data importing into Salesforce database
- Generate thank you mail and Classy thank you comments
- Assist with solicitation and event mailings throughout the year, including BSC, membership, events, donor acquisition, benefit, etc.
- Provide administrative support to development team by maintaining files, ensuring cleanliness and organization of supplies and materials
- Serve as a professional and knowledgeable representative of the League and the development department when interacting with members, donors, guests, and staff
- Assist with execution of annual benefit including reservation tracking, in-kind gift entry and silent and live auctions
- Process online merchandise sales
- Receive, count, bag and tag new merchandise inventory
- Conduct quarterly inventory counts and communicate inventory needs to the Membership & Merchandise Manager so that inventory is sufficiently maintained
- Assist with merchandise photography and online store updates as requested by supervisor
- Support Outreach Associate and Merchandise Associate to ensure that the store is stocked
- Assist Outreach Associate with store and phone coverage
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of Education Center, store and storage unit
- One+ year experience in data management, fundraising, marketing or retail.
- An interest in environmental conservation and the League’s mission to protect, restore, and advocate for the ecosystem health and scenic beauty of the Lake Tahoe Basin
- Understanding of database systems, proficient with data entry
- Commitment to maintain a high degree of accuracy in data and confidentiality
- Experience and excitement performing retail job duties and an interest in boosting fundraising through membership and merchandise efforts
- Ability to work effectively with teams and diverse individuals
- Computer proficiency with Window, internet applications, Office 365 and Google Apps
- High degree of organization in setting appropriate priorities, meet deadlines and manage multiple projects and relationships simultaneously
- Team player with willingness to perform activities at all levels necessary
- Possess good judgement and work well with others
- Associate’s Degree
- Photography and photo editing experience
- Employees are required to have a vehicle that is in good working order, proof of valid drivers license, non-expired vehicle registration and effective insurance coverage. Travel around the Basin, Bay Area, Reno and Sacramento may be required
- Must be able to sit or stand at a desk and use a computer for significant periods of time.
- Position requires some physical activity such as bending, stooping, carrying and lifting up to 40 pounds
- Occasional weekend work requested
- Be part of a team that engages Tahoe’s diverse and evolving community of visitors and residents to protect Lake Tahoe by spreading awareness and taking action
- Work at a place that promotes environmental protections and policies backed by science that ensure Tahoe is resilient in the face of the climate crisis
- Take part in crafting resolutions to the challenges facing Tahoe that strike a balance between enjoyment today and preservation for future generations
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance 100% covered by the company for employees
- $125/month company Health Savings Account (HSA) contribution with select health plan choice
- IRA match up to 3% of employee's salary after two years served
- Vacation leave, paid volunteer time off plus 12 paid holidays and extra paid time off the week of 12/25 through 1/1
- Pet friendly environment
- Merchandise discounts and yearly store credit; and
- Much more!
Our brand, Keep Tahoe Blue, is a model for marketing and messaging to protect a valuable resource. We have a values-based culture that supports and guides us in our decision making and planning for the future. The League is an outcome-based, innovative organization that values expertise, integrity, a work/life balance and credibility.
If this sounds like the job for you, please send us a PDF copy of your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Tell us why you’re the best fit for the position and for the League. We communicate via email, so please check your inbox and spam to ensure you don’t miss important updates from us.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
Pay range: $16.00-$16.50 per hour